Association and Team Fundraising
To ease the financial burden for parents, while still providing extra ice time, tournaments and team building opportunities for players, without putting undue pressure on parents, families or the community to provide additional funding for the team hockey expenses.
LMHA ANNUAL FUNDRAISER
LMHA will organize an annual fundraiser in order to promote association 'fellowship' as well as to raise additional finances. Money profited from this fundraiser will be used to lower player registration fees, to cover costs of LMHA projects or to assist in the development of players, coaches and referees. At the time that players register for LMHA, they may be required to pay for this fundraiser.
General Regulations for Team FUndraising:
- The only contributions, which are not considered as fundraising, are contributions made by parents. Fundraising must be conducted in such a manner and at such time, as to cover actual expenses, or anticipated expenses only. In no case, shall any member or team be permitted to engage in fundraising where it is not anticipated those funds will be used to cover expenses as referred to hereafter. Any member of the Association who violates this Policy is liable to suspension by the Association Executive for a violation of the provisions hereof.
- All fundraising must follow Hockey Alberta's guidelines,
- All fundraising requests must be forwarded directly to the Parent's Auxiliary, accompanied by a team budget for approval by the Executive Board. Refer to the Fundraising form on the LMHA website No fundraising will be permitted without written permission from LMHA
- It is the responsibility of the team coach to comply with all requirements, licenses etc. as dictated by the Alberta Gaming Commission and the City of Lloydminster.
- A team's sponsorship money which remains unused at the end of the season must be returned to LMHA.
Team Fundraising Sources
Soliciting Funds from Businesses (Sponsorships)
- In order to cover costs throughout the year, a team may wish to have a fundraiser. Any fundraiser must be approved beforehand by LMHA.
- Soliciting funds from businesses includes donations of cash, products or services, as well as paying for advertising or promotions
- Teams are permitted to raise funds through these activities subject to limitations or restrictions imposed by LMHA
- Businesses who have provided funding to LMHA in the form of jersey sponsorship, will display a sign in their business recognizing their contribution to the association. A list of these businesses will also be made available to each team manager as well as be posted on LMHA website. These businesses should not be solicited for additional funding by teams unless a parent or player has a direct connection to the people who manage the business.
- If any team encounters a business which expresses concern over the amount of times that they have been approached to provide funds for LMHA, they are asked to advise LMHA. LMHA will in turn request that teams refrain from approaching this business.
- Community fundraising activites may include product sales like chocolates, raffles, skate-a-thons, bottle drives, flyer delivery, social funds and other activities which do not involve solicitation of businesses.
- No team shall be involved in a fundraiser which involves alcohol, unless approval has been given by LMHA
- 50/50 sales at home games (excluding tournaments) can be a source of funds for teams.
- Any fundraiser proposal submitted that involves selling products from a source outside our community will need cost comparisons from our local suppliers to justify the choice to go outside our community. This does not mean that the proposal will be approved. LMHA's message is (Let's buy local and support the community that supports us.÷
Restrictions on use of Fundraising Profits
- Funds obtained from solicitation of businesses or money allocated from LMHA may only be used towards expenses that enhance player development. Such 'items' may include the following:
- Tournament entry fees
- Additional ice purchased within or outside of Lloydminster
- Motivational speakers of material to develop the physical or mental skills of the player
- Bus costs for games or tournaments
*Money cannot be allocated for personal vehicle use
- Head coach expenses if the person is not a parent
- Dryland training (Equipment/gym rental)
- Team photo and frame for Team Sponsor
Money received from LMHA or Sponsorship may be used to cover accommodation of players and coaching staff of any team traveling to participate in Provincial Play.
Parent Donations may cover the cost of times such as the following:
- Team Clothing
- Players' socks
- Team Meals
- Coaching Staff gifts
- Players' rooms
FUNDRAISER APPLICATION FORM