LMHA Tryout Facility Guidelines
There is a lot of information in this mail out and I know that some of you have had players in some camps leading up to these try-outs. Please read carefully.
Initial Registration: There will be a registration table setup outside near the arena entrance. You must register before entering the arena. Please note that the Centennial Civic Centre (CCC) will use the side Entrance on the Southwest side of the Arena. The SERVUS Sports Centre (SSC) will use the North Main Entrance.
As part of the COVID19 Process and for contact tracing, please come to tryouts prepared to supply your full legal name and an email address you can be reached at. Also be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you/your child have any new onset (or worsening) of any of the following symptoms: Fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or, runny nose/nasal congestion? If YES, they are legally required to isolate for at least 10 days from the start of the symptoms or until they resolve, whichever is longer.
- Do you/your child have any new onset (or worsening) of any of the following symptoms: chills, painful swallowing, feeling unwell/fatigued, nauseas/vomiting/diarrhea, unexplained loss of appetite, loss of taste or sense of smell, muscle/joint aches, headache, conjunctivitis (pink eye)? If YES, they are expected to stay home, minimize contact with others until symptoms resolve.
- Have you or anyone in your household travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days? YES/NO
- Have you or anyone in your household been in close unprotected contact in the last 14 days with some who is ill, being investigated or a confirmed COVID-19 case? YES/ NO
You will need to answer those same four questions before every ice time. Also, because there are NO spectators allowed to watch the ice sessions (City of Lloydminster Facility Rules), we will also need the contact name and phone number of the person who is dropping off or picking up the participant. This is for emergency purposes, so that if someone gets hurt, we know who to call.
Please find below the current City of Lloydminster - Facility guidelines:
- Building Access- SSC enter and exit via the North doors only. CCC enter via the Southwest doors only and exit through the Northwest doors only.
- 24 participants can be allowed on the ice surface at a time. We are only allowed 30 people at an indoor gathering as we are legislated by the Saskatchewan Health Authority. This allows for proper physical distancing.
- You are only allowed 10 minutes in the dressing room before and after your skate - You must wait in the parking lot until a Tryout Official comes to the entrance doors to let you into the arena. Players are not allowed to bring hockey bags into the arena. Carry in skates, gloves, helmets, sticks and filled water bottle.
- All players MUST be wearing a mask when not wearing their helmet as per Hockey Alberta guidelines:
â€œWhen participating via Physical Distancing: - Players and team officials must maintain two-metre physical distancing, and wear masks within the dressing room. - Players may only remove their mask immediately prior to placing their helmet on and leaving the dressing room to go to the ice. - Team officials are to wear masks while on the bench but can remove them while coaching/ instructing on the iceâ€.
- If dressing rooms are available; the number of individuals allowed in a dressing room varies from 5 - 9 between facilities. Please come dressed in your hockey gear because we can not enter the building until 10 minutes before our allotted ice session and we must be out of the building 10 minutes after our allotted ice time has ended. You will be directed to your designated skate tying area when you are allowed in the arena.
- Goalies will be allowed to dress in the dressing room BUT within the same 10 minute time allotment.
- There will be no access to showers. Showers remain off.
- Each Player MUST bring their own water bottle with their name clearly marked on it. Water Fountains continue to be closed off. Bring water bottles filled- as there is no access to water fill stations.
- The City will be scheduling bookings 30 minutes a part to ensure there is adequate time to disinfect the common areas in between bookings.
- Physical distancing Xâ€™s will be placed on the dressing room wall / bench to indicate a designated spot.
- Sanitizing wipes will be provided in each dressing room. Please wipe down your station before and after use.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided at the entrance/exit of the arenas.
- User groups will be responsible for ensuring their participants are following the above procedures and exiting the building in the schedule time frame.
- Public washrooms are available on the main floor at the SSC and in a downstairs dressing room at the CCC.
- No spitting allowed (COVID-19 Guidance).
- No spectators are allowed (City of Lloydminster Facility Guidance).
REMINDER: this is intended to be a physical distancing tryout that will focus on SKILLS; Skating, Puck Handling, Passing and Shooting, etc. Please note you may be chosen to join a cohort group after your initial skating sessions. More information will be provided to any participant selected for a cohort group.
A tryout Jersey will be provided for each participant.
If you are needing any clarification regarding the above information please contact,
LMHA General Manager